Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Wedding Q&A with I Do, I Do! Wedding Planning

The very talented Alene Gamel with I Do, I Do! Wedding Planning out of Birmingham, recently gave us some great tips and info about Fall Weddings and the details that can be used during this wonderful season. As you will see from the photos taken by Arden Photography, I Do I Do! Wedding Planning puts together a wedding that is elegant, chic, romantic, classic, and unique!

Q: How popular would you say Fall is for Weddings and Events?

A: It is very popular. October is now the second busiest wedding month out of the year.


Q: As a Wedding Planner, what can you offer in the Fall months that you cannot offer during the rest of the year?

A: Great weather! The temperature in fall is very mild ensuring that guest will not be to hot or cold. It is usually drier with less humidity, which allows for comfortable outside weddings that many brides dream of. We can also play with more intense colors which leads us to the next question.

Q: What colors are brides working with most this Fall as they plan their big day?

A: Warm intense hues are key. Think of colors in rich tones like: russet, copper, deep purple, plum, pomegranate, forrest green, yellow, gold, burnt orange, and navy.

Q: It’s all in the details! What are some of your favorite details for a wedding this time of year?

A: I love to use burlap against satin along with many other textured linens. Instead of flower petals, I like to use fall leaves to adorn mantles, tables, and aisle runners. And pillar candles anywhere and everywhere! Candlelight provides the perfect ambient lighting to warm up any space. In a past fall wedding I did, the venue had an outdoor fire place. The bride and groom provided guests with all the necessary ingredients to make smore’s. It was very nostalgic and created many warm memories for guests to take with them.

Q: Nature has become a big part of weddings today and is quite popular during the Fall months. How would you suggest a bride use natural elements in her wedding?

A: You have to make nature work for you. Always plan events around sunset. A wedding should be no more than one hour before sunset so the most beautiful light will be present as guests arrive to the reception. If it’s going to be a nature themed wedding you should seek out a natural, beautiful spot. In one of my past weddings, the bride and groom were married under an oak tree with a beautiful chandelier hanging from the branches. I love to use bales of hale covered in vintage quilts instead of rental chairs for outdoor seating. To bring the nature look inside, I like big grapevine baskets filled with mason jars alternating candles and flowers in the containers. You can really turn to floral arrangements to help carry your theme across inside.

Q: Should the menu for the Rehearsal Dinner and Reception reflect this season? If so, what food would you suggest serving guests?

A: Yes, a fall inspired menu will complement the fall décor -

~Pumpkin soup to start

~Organic baby spinach salad

~Fresh pasta with butternut squash, sage, pine nuts and bleu cheese

~Marinated Roast pork

~Stay tuned this week for more of our Q&A with I Do I Do! Wedding Planning and some great ideas for Fall weddings and events!~

I Do, I Do Wedding Planning and Consulting

Birmingham, AL 205-837-8869

IDoIDoWeddingPlanning.com

Want to see more of I Do, I Do’s work? Visit their Facebook page HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment