Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Make-up Tips & Q&A with Make Me Up by Danielle

What girl, especially a Bride, doesn’t like to know about the latest makeup trends and tips? Well look no further! We recently had the pleasure of getting some great makeup tips for Fall with makeup artist Danielle Lee from Birmingham, Alabama! So whether you are getting married, going to be in a wedding, attending a special event or just want to know about gorgeous Fall makeup, this post should be quite helpful!

Q: What is the over all look Fall Brides are going for this year?

A: I would have to say that pinks, plums ,coppers, and golds are what I have been doing and are hot trends for Brides this Fall. Fall brides are wearing eyeshadow shades from violet to tawney/brown to a soft gray and the most delicate of pinks. The overall look is flawless, elegant, and dramatic.

Q: What colors are most popular for the eyes this Fall?
A: The eyes have it this Fall 2010!! Center stage: Matte pinks, Metallic grays, golds, deep plums, metallic coppers, and any chocolate shades are hot for Fall. If you want a huge selection and variety I would hit Sephora and if you are on a tight budget, I would check out your local CVS as many times you can find some pretty pigmented colors. Loreal has a very nice selection of colors for Fall worth checking out! Once you get everything or preferably before you get a thing- Call or message me to come shop with you for a small price, I will get you set for Fall and be your shopping buddy for a few hours!

Q:How bout the lips?
A: Never doubt the power of the pout! Lips this fall are bold, seductive, and matte. The pinks always take the cake for fall, but this year red will give pink a run for the money. Think, a matte vintage red like the red lips you see on the televison series, “Mad Men.” The top go-to colors to create that oh so gorgeous fall look are Reds, Pinks, and Plums. Red lips can be tricky, and you need to really find the right shade to compliment your gorgeous complexions. My suggestion here is to ask for advice and help when you need it. I am happy to help and give advice. Remember when you do bold lips, go soft on the eyes and you will be good to go.

Q: Do the colors you use depend on the time of day the bride is getting married? For instance, if she is having an evening wedding, do you go a little darker with colors?

A: In my eyes, the colors I use do depend on the time of the wedding. If it is a day wedding we may not want to do that bold, smokey eye and sultry red lip. I would say opt for a soft, fresh look. Day makeup should always be different than evening makeup. With that said, you can still wear red lips during the day just balance it out with a nude eye. If you do a smokey-eye be sure to keep the lips soft and natural. Think about when you go to a 7pm wedding, it is much more formal, right? It is the same with makeup. The saying, ” It’s like night and day,” applies here. Bolder looks for evening, Softer looks for day.

Q: If the bridesmaid dresses are Plum, what colors would you use for their eyes and lips?

A: I love the Plums! When I have bridesmaids in Plum dresses my favorite colors to use for their eyes and lips are ultra feminine. For the eyes, I like to start with a soft, light allover color. Next, I would use a tawny/brown in the crease, followed by an extra pop of color in the side “V” of the eye! I would put a soft pink here. I love doing a dark amethyst/plum liquid or powdered eyeliner for the eyeliner bit. I use Trish McEvoy brushes for all my clients eyeshadow needs and let me say that brushes do make a huge difference in makeup application. I would finish this look off with a waterproof black/brown mascara and touch up the brows. For the pout, I love using a mulberry/plum shade to a rose shade especially during this Season. I always fill in with a liner so when your lipstick fades you have some color still there. Also, I recommend investing in Trish McEvoy flawless lip (around $25), it keeps the lipstick on for hours upon hours. Don’t forget to gloss, blot, and you are ready to celebrate those good times!!

Q: It seems that this Fall, jewel tones are in. Would you say these colors work for most skin tones as well?
A: Jewel tones are in this Fall and the plus side of this is that everyone can wear jewel tones. Of course, different colors will look better on one person than the next, so experiment and try different colors and purchase only what looks good on you and compliments your complexion. I don’t recommend purchasing just to purchase. Although, I know sometimes it is unavoidable. As a devout shopper, it is tough to walk away when we love something even though it may not look the best on us who cares we have to have it and voila the purchase is made. These are the items that are used rarely, so really think before you purchase and try on many shades and get opinions, it will only help you in the long run. When we look beautiful we feel beautiful and we feel beautiful we look beautiful. If you want to go for the ruby,emerald,amethyst, or gold- I say go for it! Jewels are not just for us to accessorize with anymore. They are for our lips,eyes,and more as Matthew Mcconaguh says in How to lose a guy in 10 days, ” Every lady needs a little frosting.” Yes, frosted shades are a huge trend for Fall 2010.

Q: What would you tell a Bride who wants her makeup done for her Fall wedding, but is a bit afraid of color?
A: I would listen to the Bride and ask her to bring me magazine images and any images she has to show me what looks she likes. I always do a Bridal Consultation with clients first before the wedding so we get everything down pat before the Big day. I would tell the Bride that I am here for here and want her to be comfortable with her look and with that said I would also advise doing a bit more color because we need everything to show up in pictures, but keep the bride comfortable also. I want the bride to love her makeup though, and I never finish with a client until she really just loves her makeup look. I love the look clients give me when they are truly very happy and pleased. That is why I do makeup! I love helping people and seeing those happy looks!

If you are looking for a fabulous makeup artist for your wedding or next event, contact Danielle Lee. You can visit her website at makemeupbydanielle.com or call her at 334.233.2016. You can also visit her Facebook Page HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment